Sweet Quotes That Help Me Grow Closer To King Jesus 19
- Dear sirs, What’s wrong with the world?
- Satan doesn’t whisper, “Believe in me.”
He whispers, “Believe in yourself.”
- “God has promised to supply all our needs.
What we don’t have now, we don’t need now.”
- “The great thing, if one can,
is to stop regarding all the unpleasant things
as interruptions of one’s ‘own’, or ‘real’ life.
The truth is of course that
what one calls the interruptions
are precisely one’s real life –
the life God is sending one day by day.”
- Willingness to come to Jesuswas not something God saw in you,
but something God worked in you.
- Evangelicals score high marks for charity (giving what we do not owe),
but, in comparison with other traditions,
evangelicalism has lacked the depth of theological reflection
on justice (giving what we do owe).
- Lord, my culture and my heart tell me
that it is wholly due to my hard work
that I am not poor.
If I believe that lie,
I will be ungenerous.
I praise you that you are a God with a heart for the poor.
Give me the same kind of heart. Amen.
- The unhappiness and disorder of our lives
are caused by the disorder of our loves.
- “To love you as I should, I must worship God as Creator.When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest,
I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now…
When first things are put first,
second things are not suppressed but increased.”
- Your storm is not an accident.
The Christian knows
that the storm
has a bit in its mouth.
- “Backsliding, generally first begins
with neglect of private prayer.”
- He who tells little lies,
will soon think nothing of great ones,
for the principle is the same.
- If Jesus is God,
then he’s got to be great enough
to have some reasons
to let you go though things
you can’t understand.
- “The church must worship,
and worship and entertainment
are at opposite ends of the table.”
- Jesus Christ did not say,
‘Go into the world and tell the world that it is quite right’.
- “Most Christians want a thrill or joy,
but do not want holiness
or the purity of a Spirit-filled life.”
- It is not possible to say too much about Christ.
But it is quite possible to say too little about hell.
- God doesn’t demand prayer scholars
who know all the right words.
He wants children
who pour their hearts out to him.
- Christianity is too rational for mysticism
and too mystical for rationalism.
- Do not confuse
theological accuracy with spiritual maturity.
Do not separate
theological accuracy from spiritual maturity.
- If you worship a god of gold,
you will perish as much
as if you worshipped a god of mud.
- We each are in the best place to glorify the Lord;
and present events,
whether pleasing or painful,
are those in which to be seeking Him.
- In all that I do,
am I acting like a slave who is afraid of God,
or like a child who is assured of my Father’s love?
- There is no ideal place for us to serve God
except the place He sets us down.
- Revival occurs
when those who think they already know the gospel
discover they do not really or fully know it.
- Did you ever stop to think
that God’s going to be as pleased to have you with Him in Heaven
as you will be to be there?
- Your life will probably not play out like you want.
But the one who writes a better story
will be with you in every trial.
- “Young men, be not deceived.
Think not you can, at will,
serve lusts and pleasures
in your beginning,
and then go and serve God with ease
at your latter end.”
- Abominations [sinful desires/thoughts],
like nests of vipers,
lie quietly in us,
til the rod of affliction rouses them;
then they hiss and show their venom.
- “I am not asking you
just to give ‘help’ in prayer as a sort of sideline,
but I am trying to throw
the main responsibility of this prayer-warfare on you.
I want you to take the BURDEN of these people upon your shoulders.
I want you to wrestle with God for them.”
J. O. Fraser
Flower farm in China