Sweet Quotes That Help Me Grow Closer To King Jesus 14…
1. Ah, dear friends, God has only to give you what you want,
to make you feel the emptiness of it!
2. “Health is a good thing;
but sickness is far better,
if it leads us to God.”
3. What is the cause of most backsliding?
[straying from faith in Jesus Christ]
I believe, as a general rule, one of the chief causes is
neglect of private prayer.
4. In eternity, when we look back on this earthly existence,
we will know by sight what we see now by faith:
He has done all things well.
Nancy Wolgemuth (Nancy Lee DeMoss)
5. It is better that God approve,
than man applaud.
6. “The grace of God
will tolerate nothing in us
that obscures His own image.”
7. Real spirituality isn’t like a Spa,
it’s like a Battlefield.
Paul said “fight the fight – finish the course”.
Get some grit and never quit!
8. The Lord Jesus gave us the real Golden Rule,
but for some today
the new golden rule says
the one with the gold makes the rules
9. “It is our bounden duty to live IN obedience,
but it would prove our utter ruin
to live ON obedience”
William Secker—heaven: 1681
without Christ’s atonement
without Jesus’ execution
“which show a road but cannot help a cripple [walk]”
11. As the heart is more washed,
we see more our remaining sin—
we’re more displeased with one spot on a new coat
than 100 stains on an old one
12. The more wicked men grow
the less ashamed they are of themselves;
the more holy men grow
the more they learn to abhor themselves
13. We only see the evil of our sin
when we stop comparing ourselves to others,
and start seeing ourselves next to God.
14. Many of the confused and unstable Christians I know
get their theology
from online videos
while avoiding local church membership.
15. “It is better to go bruised to heaven
than sound to hell.”
16. If your faith is genuine
you will embrace the church.
You cannot claim to identify with Christ
yet refuse to identify with His people.
Anthony R Mathenia
17. Never presume that mere familiarity with the truth about Christ
is necessarily the same as
saving faith in the Christ of the truth.
18. “We can know the right words yet never be changed.
This is the difference between
information and transformation.”
19. We live around the truth of the gospel,
but never quite get it.
So the key to spiritual renewal
is the continual rediscovery of the gospel.
20. “Prosperity knits a man to the World.
He feels that he is “finding his place in it”,
while really it is finding its place in him.”
21. If You [God], the offended part,
act first with the word of appeasement,
I need not call in question thy willingness to save.
Valley Of Vision
22. It is not possible to say too much about Christ.
But it is quite possible to say too little about hell.
23. “Prayer is not so much an act
as it is an attitude –
an attitude of dependency,
dependency upon God.”
24. All I hear is people who want
community and depth.
But all I see is people who are
25. It isn’t the (post)modern culture
that should be telling the Church
what to think.
The principle is sola Scriptura (Scripture only)
not sola cultura.
David F Wells
26. “My own condition is such
that I must have His help
or utterly fail.”
27. “Sin will rarely present itself to us
in its true colors,
saying, ‘I am your deadly enemy
and want to ruin you forever in hell.'”
J C Ryle
28. When you realize
that the antidote to being bad
is not just being good,
you are on the brink
of understanding the Gospel.
29. Explaining the nature of sin
without the contrasting holiness of God
is like explaining a shadow
without talking about the light.