Sweet Quotes That Help Me Grow Closer To King Jesus 6
- The world does not need cool Christians who are culturally saturated.
It needs exiles with the scent of heaven and the aroma of Christ. John Piper
- Every cross, to a child of God, is like Paul’s cross wind,
which, though it broke the ship,
it brought Paul to shore upon the broken pieces. Thomas Watson
- The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances.
- The Lord Christ, and the world that crucified him, are competitors for our hearts—
- “Those who experience the grace of God in justification [forgiveness of sins]
want to experience his grace in sanctification too [maturing in holiness].”
- God is not slow; he is patient.
This can be frustrating when we think of what we *want*
but refreshing when we think of what we *deserve.* Jared Wilson
- “Us questioning how God runs the world
is like a 7 year old questioning the mathematical calculations of a world-class physicist.”
- Your future self will always see your present self as unwise and immature.
That means you are currently unwise and immature right now. Tim Keller
- I have heard sermons that make me ask at the end,
“Did they even need this particular Bible text to preach that sermon?” Michael Horton
- Boredom with God fills our churches
because too many Christians are embarrassed by how dangerous he really is—
Tony Reinke, DesiringGod.org
- Help me to lift up the gates of my soul
that He may come in and show me Himself when I search the Scriptures—Valley of Vision
- If the nations will not have peace with God [through faith in Jesus Christ],
they cannot have peace among themselves. Sinclair B. Ferguson
- We will have a revival when our passion for the Gospel
is greater than our passion for our political convictions. Erwin Lutzer
- “Temptation yielded to is lust deified.” Oswald Chambers
- That monster Self has as many heads as Hydra, and as many lives as a cat—John Newton
- Men are always quarreling with God because He will not submit His will to their dictation.
- The Lord is my strength; yet I am prone to lean on reeds—John Newton
- “See that you do not refuse him who is speaking.” Hebrews 12:25
Listening to God is not casual. John Piper
- The blood, which as a Priest He bears
For sinners, is His own
The incense of His prayers and tears
Perfume the holy throne. John Newton
- If the whole apparatus of church life is built around youth culture,
then we will never grow up. Michael Horton
- If someone can’t follow…..they can’t lead.
Be careful of promoting or believing people who can’t submit to others.
Dr. Henry Cloud
- Remember … time spent alone with God is never time wasted. Joel Sisson
- Do not rest upon this, that your heart has been wounded for sin,
but rather, that your Savior has been wounded for sin. ~Thomas Watson
- Sometimes you’ll have the privilege of choosing your own challenges.
But other times God will choose them. Michael Minot
- May God’s people finally learn Romans 12:12:
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Dr. Eric Mason
- I have cast my anchor in the port of peace,
knowing that present and future are in nail-pierced hands. Valley Of Vision
- All that is gold does not glitter;
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither;
Deep roots are not reached by the frost;
From the ashes a fire shall be woken;
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be glad that was broken;
The crownless again shall be king–J.R.R. Tolkien
- Your sin killed Jesus; now let Jesus kill your sin.
That’s the way of the cross, and that’s the way to joy. Trevin Wax
- If you cannot magnify God, it is probably because you are magnifying yourself –
- Hold everything earthly with a loose hand;
but grasp eternal things with a death-like grip – Charles Spurgeon
- You never catch one of those “name it and claim it” [people] praying for contentment.
Jared C. Wilson