Sweet Quotes That Help Me Grow Closer To King Jesus 5
- Because of mercy, men presume, and think they may go on in sin: But, should a king’s clemency make his subjects rebel? ~Thomas Watson
- The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions.
Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity—Leonard Ravenhill
- The Lord must empty us to fill us, break us to mold us, humble us to exalt us—Steven Lawson
- It is the bold Christian who can sing God’s sonnets in the darkness.~ Charles Spurgeon
- Like a baby learning language, we learn how to communicate with God by listening to His words first—Tim Keller
- If you depend on money for happiness, your prayers about financial stress
will be little more than worrying in God’s direction—Tim Keller
- Walking by faith means to endure to believe in the midst of unanswered questions!
2 Corinthians 5:7–Dr. Eric Mason
- In proportion as a church is holy,
in that proportion will its testimony for Christ be powerful—Charles Spurgeon
- Worry is not believing God will get it right, and bitterness is believing God got it wrong—Tim Keller
- Our robes will be white because Jesus’ robes were red. – Charles Spurgeon
- If the core of Christianity is simply love your neighbor as yourself,
that means that the core of Christianity is just the law – Steve Parks
- One view of the brazen serpent (Christ) will do you more good
than poring over your own wounds for a month—John Newton
- A wicked man may be troubled for scandalous sins;
a real convert laments heart-sins.~Thomas Watson
- The friction God builds into the Christian life is not accidental.
It is deliberate, strategic, intended to produce growth in holiness. Sinclair Ferguson
- An understanding of grace that boasts in all manners of liberty is self-centered.
Grace should instead compel us to holiness—Tony Nolan
- It is one thing to be a terrified sinner, and another thing to be a repenting sinner. ~Thomas Watson
- Religion says, “Finish the work.” The gospel says, “Receive the finished work.” Tim Keller
- When He cried aloud, “it is finished,”
there was not a voice heard in heaven, earth, or hell to contradict Him.
Ruth Bryan, Seasons of the Heart
- He that subscribes himself a hell-deserving sinner, will have little heart to be proud.~Thomas Watson
- You’ll always try to pretend to be more holy and happy than you really are
when you try to get people to look only at you and not at Jesus—Burk Parsons
- “If Christians left the areas of the city that were difficult to live in,
what kind of Christianity is that?” Tim Keller
- “Morality may keep you out of jail,
but it takes the blood of Jesus Christ to keep you out of hell.” (C.H. Spurgeon)
- “I either believe that my sins have been punished in the body of the Son of God
or else they will be punished in me—Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- “3-hr call tonight with 6 women friends.
Joy”–Nancy Wolgemuth (Lee DeMoss)
- I advise you by all means to keep close to the atonement.
The doctrine of the cross is the sun in the system of truth. John Newton
- A gracious soul labours to make the worst of his sins;
hypocrites make the best of them.~Thomas Watson
- When people tell you that the “spirit” told them to do something that contradicts the Bible
you can be sure it’s not the Holy Spirit. Caleb Suko
- Any church that rightly preaches the Word, administers the sacraments, and wisely disciplines
is a place where you can grow and serve—Tim Keller
- “A thousand times in history, a baby has become a king.
But only once has a king become a baby.” (Derric Johnson)
- Erwin Lutzer: Our consumer-oriented society has redefined God
so that He no longer stands in judgment of our culture but rather endorses it.
- There’s a kind of doubt that actually wants answers,
and there’s a kind of doubt that doesn’t want answers. Tim Keller
Sweet Quotes 4: please click HERE
Sweet Quotes 3: please click HERE
Sweet Quotes 2: please click HERE
Sweet Quotes 1: please click HERE