Sweet Quotes That Help Me Grow Closer to King Jesus 4
- “The founders of every major religion said, ‘I’ll show you how to find God.’
Jesus said, ‘I am God who has come to find you’” (Tim Keller).
- “On the cross, God treated Jesus as if He lived my life.
And because I believe in Him, He treats me as if I lived Jesus’ life” (Curtis Odell).
- “Be wary of trying to talk it out with your spouse
before you’ve prayed it out with your God”
(Gary Thomas, tweeted by Nancy Wolgemuth [Lee DeMoss])
- “Mystery is not the absence of meaning,
but the presence of more meaning than we can comprehend” (Eugene Peterson).
- “A man who is intimate with God is not intimidated by man” (Leonard Ravenhill).
- “If we displease God, does it matter whom we please?
If we please Him, does it matter whom we displease?” (Leonard Ravenhill)
- “Does democracy exist to the soldier?
Can he fight when he wants, sleep when he likes,
ground his place according to his fancy?” (Leonard Ravenhill).
- “I’d rather preach to one person who has a heart to hear
than to 10,000 who’s ears are itching for entertainment” (Caleb Suko).
- “If God is sovereign, you can be called to a vocation,
but not called to be successful in that vocation” (Tim Keller).
- ‘Hurry is the frantic state of effort one falls into in response to
inadequacy, fear, or guilt” (Dallas Willard).
- “Finding teachers is not the problem.
Being teachable is the problem” (Dave Jacobs).
- “The man who studies the Bible without praying
will develop a good mind with a cold heart” (Steve Farrar).
- “The cure for a cranky soul begins by repenting,
by realizing that my moodiness is a demand that my life have a certain shape”
- “An effective CEO of a family says “no” to more things outside the home
and “yes” to more things inside” (Mark Merrill).
- “Always express your gratitude for what God’s already done for you
before making new requests of the Lord.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving!” (John Brangenberg).
- “If you find yourself in a place of weakness today,
tell God you are willing to be used to display His power” (David Jeremiah).
- “Whether Scripture, social media, culture, or TV…
whatever we feed on more than the rest…
that is what’s discipling us” (Scott Sauls).
- History is…the long terrible story of
man trying to find something other than God
which will make him happy” (C.S. Lewis).
- “This life is all the heaven that the world-ling has
and all the hell that the saint ever sees” (D.L. Moody).
- In Gethsemane, “we see Him enduring our hell
so that we might be set free to enter His heaven”
(Philip E. Hughes, tweeted by Nancy Wolgemuth [Lee DeMoss]).
- “We clean up the world best by cleaning up the church first” (Erwin Lutzer).
- “In the church in Acts, the Scripture says they were all amazed,
but today, everyone just wants to be amused” (Leonard Ravenhill).
- “Christ has not conquered my affections
if He still has to compete for my attention” (Leonard Ravenhill).
- “For most of us, God hasn’t become our happiness.
We, therefore, pray to [get] things for our happiness,
and not to know him better” (Tim Keller).
- “The pastor who is not praying is playing;
the people who are not praying are straying” (Leonard Ravenhill).
- “Results of being with God:
immunity from fear, flattery and fame,
and a Holy Ghost inoculation
to stand against earth, hell & carnal [worldly] churches” (Leonard Ravenhill).
- “The worst thing that God gives us is better than the best thing Satan offers”
- “God asks the best we have Because He gave the Best He had” (Leonard Ravenhill).
- “Today, deacons and elders are usually ‘men of standing’.
In the New Testament Church they were ‘men of kneeling’ – praying men”
- “Eternal Word made flesh was He
The promise prophets longed to see
Jesus Christ our mystery
Hallelujah, what a Savior!Gift of gifts in manger laid
Hope of men, no more delayed
God the Just, His love displayed
Hallelujah, what a Savior!” (Philip Paul Bliss)
- “Everyone wants to be clothed with power
but no one wants to be stripped of self” (Leonard Ravenhill).
- “Prayer is not only a place where I lose my burdens,
but also a place where I get a burden” (Leonard Ravenhill).
- “’You’re the preacher?’
‘So you’re the guy with all the answers.’
‘No, I’m the guy who points to that guy’” (Jared C. Wilson).
- God’s Holy Spirit is directing me to focus more on His Great Commission,
aka, “leading people to Jesus Christ” (anonymous).
- “I’ve found that trusted friends arrive
about the same time
as fair weather friends leave” (Michael Minot).
- “What if Satan not only causes you to think evil things,
but also causes you to forget all the evidences of grace in your life?” (John Piper).
Sweet Quotes 3: please click HERE
Sweet Quotes 2: please click HERE
Sweet Quotes 1: please click HERE