Sweet Quotes That Help Me Grow Closer To King Jesus 3
- “Believers must not always insist on being entertained in order to learn the Bible.
Toughen up and read like a battle is going on” (Jim Elliff).
- “You will never know for certain if a person considers you their pastor
until you tell them ‘no’”
- “Man puts himself where only God deserves to be;
God puts himself where only man deserves to be (the cross)” (John Stott).
- “While it looks like things are out of control,
behind the scenes there is a God
who hasn’t surrendered His authority” AW Tozer.
- “Facing Jesus when you die:
If you’re ready, nothing better;
if you’re not, nothing worse” (John Piper).
- “The things you daydream about in your spare time are ultimately the things you serve”
- “Jesus was patient under even greater suffering for us
so we can be patient under lesser suffering for him” (Tim Keller).
- “The problem for humans is not that we FEEL guilty,
but that we ARE guilty.
Good news must deal with that reality” (Trevin Wax).
- “God doesn’t help those who help themselves.
God helps those who know they cannot help themselves” (Erwin Lutzer).
- “Truth is so obscure in these times,
and falsehood so established,
that unless we love the truth,
we cannot know it” (Blaise Pascal).
- “And the command to be doers of the Word
doesn’t nullify our responsibility to prioritize the discipline of hearing the Word
(Luke 10:38-42)” (Derek Brown).
- “Faith alone saves, but saving faith is never alone.
It is always accompanied by great sacrifices for Christ’s sake.” ~Richard Wurmbrand
- “There is no free will in any of you, but to sin” (George Whitefield).
- “In large churches, people let you pastor because of your preaching.
In small churches, people let you preach because of your pastoring generally” (Tim Keller).
- “Culture: Truth is private and personal.
Scripture: Truth is public and a person” (Matt Smethurst).
- “Western cultures want a God who is loving and forgiving
but not holy and transcendent” (Tim Keller).
- “The church no more gave us the New Testament canon
than Sir Isaac Newton gave us the force of gravity” (J. I. Packer)
- “Don’t examine your works to see if they have saved you.
Examine your works to see if God has saved you” (Mark Dever).
- “Sadly, we tend to come to the church as consumers
intent to plunder the benefits only” (Tim Keller).
- “Put on the Lord Jesus Christ,
make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires” Romans 14:14.
“Cut off the supply lines. Starve sin” (John Piper).
- “If you uproot an idol in your life
and fail to plant the love of Christ in its place,
the idol will grow back” (Tim Keller).
- “Holiness is always the saved sinner’s response of gratitude for grace received” (J.I. Packer).
- “The gospel must be used to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable” (Tim Keller).
- “Repentance: is a characteristic of the whole life,
not the action of a single moment.” (Sinclair Ferguson)
- “Do not try to make the gospel tasteful to carnal minds.
Do not hide the offense of the cross, lest you make it of no effect” – Charles Spurgeon
- “Man’s extremity [rock bottom] is God’s opportunity” (George Whitefield).
- “True maturity does not mean repenting less.
It means repenting more, and repenting more quickly” (Scott Sauls).
- He who will not go to bed till he pleases everybody
will have to sit up a great many nights – Charles Spurgeon
- “If your conscience does not trouble you when you sin,
you’ll do it again & again & again.
That anthill of sin will soon become a mountain!” (Conrad Mbewe)
- “My dependence on God is not an infringement on my dignity,
but rather it is the foundation of my identity.”
(Nathan Rittenhouse, Ravi Zacharias International Ministry).
Pingback: Sweet Quotes That Help Me Grow Closer to King Jesus 4 | soulspartan
Ill add one from Dr Dan Allender; “Repentence is a party.”
Pingback: Sweet Quotes That Help Me Grow Closer To King Jesus 5 | soulspartan