The “ALWAYS” Of God…
In the NIV translation of the Bible, God uses the word “always” many times to describe aspects of His character (Who He is) and actions that He takes (what He does). We can trust EVERY Word from God–He will do EVERYTHING He says He will do (Luke 21:32-33)! And yet, we are wise to pay extra attention when the LORD adds the word “always”; it is an emphatic word that highlights and underlines God’s great unchanging promises, His pure unchanging character.
Here are 16 of the “Always” promises of God that we can apply in our daily lives!
(please click on the Bible chapter/verses below to read the actual text of Scripture)
1. God’s Name, eyes, and heart will ALWAYS be at His temple in Jerusalem
2. Though God is patient, He sometimes gets angry with us;
But when He is angry, it is always controlled, always appropriate, and always for our good!
He will NOT ALWAYS be angry with us!
3. God ALWAYS turns toward and has mercy for those who love Him. ALWAYS!
4. God will ALWAYS guide His people!
5. God’s Holy Spirit will ALWAYS be with those who receive Jesus as their Savior;
God’s words will ALWAYS be on the lips of His people!
6. God’s thoughts, plans, words, and actions are ALWAYS righteous…ALWAYS! (Even when they don’t seem that way to us!)
7. There will ALWAYS be those who are financially poor…
thus we are to ALWAYS love, serve, and share with them!
8. Jesus is ALWAYS with us!!! ALWAYS!!! (even when it feels like He is not!)
9. Even when we’re far from God in our selfish/sinful attitudes and choices, He keeps US close to HIMSELF!
(Luke 15:31) “’My son,’ the father said, ‘you are ALWAYS with me.'”
10. God the Father is ALWAYS at His work (He is never busy, inattentive, asleep, distracted, unconcerned, or unable!)
11. Jesus ALWAYS does what pleases God the Father
12. God the Father ALWAYS hears/listens to God the Son (Jesus)
13. God’s love
14. Jesus is ALWAYS the “Yes!” of heaven
(not in terms of us always getting whatever we want but in terms of Jesus always giving us what we need—HIM!)
15. God ALWAYS leads His people in triumph and uses us to spread the aroma of Jesus everywhere!
16. Jesus ALWAYS intercedes for us (prays for us, steps in to help/defend us)!
May the Holy Spirit help us to ALWAYS remember these amazing truths! 🙂